6 black garlic cloves
300g risotto rice
~1 litre vegetable stock
200ml white wine
30g parmesan, grated
knob of butter
Salt & pepper
- Boil the kettle and make up the vegetable stock with 2 stock cubes.
- Dice the onions and chop the black garlic into thin slices, leaving a few chunky bits.
- Add a glug of olive oil to a large pan and fry the onions on low heat until starting to brown, then add the black garlic and mix, cooking for an extra few minutes.
- Add the rice and the wine and mix to ensure all of the rice is coated. Allow it to reduce then begin adding the stock a splash at a time while stirring until the rice is cooked (~25-30 minutes).
- Meanwhile, add a generous knob of butter to a separate pan, followed by a splash of olive oil. Add the mushrooms (washed and cut to size), salt and pepper and cook until soft (~8 minutes).
- Once the rice is cooked, add the mushrooms and grated parmesan cheese. Season with salt & pepper and stir well.
- Serve on its own or on a bed of salad!