Skip to content
Here’s my recipe for a super quick & easy hollandaise sauce. I like to add cayenne pepper for a kick but this is optional! To make eggs Benedict from scratch, check out my recipe for English muffins!
4 egg yolks
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Set aside.
2. Half-fill another saucepan with water and set over medium heat to simmer.
3. Add the egg yolks to a heatproof bowl and whisk over the simmering water until they start to thicken.
4. Pour the melted butter into the bowl with the eggs little by little, carrying on whisking while you do.
5. Once the sauce is at the desired thickness, juice half a lemon into the bowl and season with salt and cayenne to taste.
6. Serve with a poached egg on toast, or check out my English muffin recipe and make eggs Benedict from scratch!
<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: